WATCH: What Is The Cost Of Housing In Regional Queensland?

First home buyers throughout Keppel are having to earn much more in an effort to buy a house in either Rockhampton or the Capricorn Coast.

Real Estate agents who rely on miners and cashed up southern buyers to afford property in our region are missing the point that a person must earn much more to afford to buy a home here.

To buy a median priced home in the following suburbs, you'll need a minimum income of:

• $102,901 to buy in Zilzie

• $87,862 to buy in Frenchville

• $101,957 to buy in Norman Gardens

• $117,680 to buy in Yeppoon

• $80,310 to buy in Gracemere

• $77,657 to buy in Kawana

• $140,442 to buy in Glenlee

• $111,036 to buy in Emu Park

The truth is, just 8% of our regions employment is in mining. That leaves 92% of residents who often work in lesser paid industries.

If the State Government didn't charge such exorbitant fees for stamp duty and other hidden taxes, first home buyers wouldn't have to rely on government hand outs.


Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • One Nation
    published this page in News 2024-02-15 19:50:04 +1000